Black Garlic Salad Dressing - Vinaigrette
Salad With Black Garlic Vinaigrette
Black garlic, with its sweet and syrupy taste and herby aroma, has long been a popular ingredient frequently used in global cuisine. Though this type of garlic is tasty enough on its own and can be eaten alone, it can be put to much better uses, and black garlic vinaigrette is one of them. This delicious dressing goes perfectly with salads and makes vegetables irresistible even to children who have no appetite for greens. This salad can be made with any fresh, seasonal lettuces, vegetables, or fruits you find at the local market. Besides, as salad is a very flexible dish, you can more ingredients of your choice such as toasted nuts, fresh cheeses, or dried fruits. And while salad is good for your health thanks for the abundance of vegetable, the high content of oil in the dressing might be not so you can consider replacing oil with lower-fat alternatives.
Ingredients for Dressing: INGREDIENTS FOR SAlad:
1 clove head black garlic, finely chopped
1 small clove fresh garlic, minced
1 tablespoon finely-chopped shallot
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoon prepared mustard
4 Tablespoons Ilias and Sons Gourmet Extra Virgin Olive Oil infused with Black Garlic
Salt, pepper, sugar
1-2 heads butter lettuce (depending on the size)
1 watermelon radish
6 oz French green beans, trimmed and halved
8 purple asparagus stalks, peeled
Red sorrel leaves
- In a blender or food processor, mix the black garlic, fresh garlic, and shallot, and blend them finely. Add the red wine vinegar, mustard, sugar, and go on blending.
- Add Gourmet Extra Virgin Olive Oil infused with Black Garlic and blend until the mixture becomes smooth. Season with pepper plenty of salt. More oil may be needed to reach the desired texture.
- Let the vinaigrette sit for 30 minutes before using it in cooking. If not used right away, it should be stored in refrigerator.
- Trim the butter lettuce and roughly chop it into pieces, avoiding bruising the lettuce. Peel the watermelon radish and thinly shave it. Trim the French green beans and slice them diagonally in half. Slice the avocado. Slice the asparagus into ¼-inch coins.
- Arrange the lettuce and vegetables onto a plate. Garnish with the red sorrel leaves and basil flowers. Sprinkle black garlic vinaigrette over top.